Sin is what keeps man separated from a holy God. It produces an insatiable life that seeks peace and completeness in all the wrong places. Its ultimate penalty is death (eternal separation from God). Salvation is God’s plan to restore a personal and intimate relationship with man by granting him redemption from sin. The result is true peace and eternal life with Him in the life hereafter.
Man’s only guarantee of redemption and eternal life is through faith in the sacrifice of Jesus Christ the Son of God.
Salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ. By confessing him as Lord and Savior one is justified by grace and becomes a child of God and an heir of His kingdom.
Luke 24:47, John 3:3, Romans 10:13-15, Ephesians 2:8, Titus 2:11, Titus 3:5-7
A person enters this plan by:
- Recognizing a personal need for a savior
- Believing in, accepting, and confessing Jesus Christ as Lord
- Repenting from his/her sinfulness and seeking forgiveness from God
- Trusting God to forgive all sins and give a new life spiritually.
A believer in Christ must then become a follower of Christ and commit to growing spiritually by:
- Reading and studying God’s word, the Bible
- Talking often with God through prayer
- Joining a group of fellow believers (church) who share the common goal of following Christ
- Expressing love & thankfulness to God by worshipping in a community of believers
- Living a life in obedience to God’s word and setting an example
- Telling others about Jesus and what He can do for them
Have you decided to follow Christ?
You can pray a prayer like this to let God know of your desire to trust Him:
“Dear God, I know that you love me. I am sorry for my sins. I admit them to you and ask you to forgive me and wash me clean. I believe Jesus died on the cross for me and that I need Him to save me. Lord, come into my life today. Make me a new person. Give me a new start. I want to follow, obey, and serve you from this moment on. Thank you for hearing me and for your forgiveness. In Jesus’ name, amen.“
Let me know about your decision today! I want to rejoice with you and pray for God’s strength in your life as you follow after Him. Simply fill in and submit the form below. Thank you and God bless you.